Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MySebDermTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MySebDermTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
New Albany, IN

I have seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and I'm experiencing a great deal of hair loss with it. I'm wondering if this is just one more side effect or maybe I could possibly have another issue going on? At one point all of my hair fell out but when this happened my scalp seemed to "clear" up. When my hair grew back the seb came back with it.

October 26, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MySebDermTeam Member

This was my question! It sucks so much! I've lost half my hair and have bald spots! It's so ugly, and makes me feel like crud.😭 Good to know I'm not alone.

November 18, 2023
A MySebDermTeam Member

Hi, it's tough to lose your hair. I've lost a lot, about 1/2 of it, so it's quite thin. I wear it short and it's now whitish gray and I'm glad; maybe my flakes etc don't show as much. Mine hair never came back. I believe being in the sun is not good for my scalp or my skin. I'm just too fair. I burn so easily. I have to wear a hat, which I hate, and sit in the shade and out of the water. Fun, huh? Lots of skin cancers. My scalp is very dry. Is yours? If mine was oily, like a lot of the members, the sun might help dry it up. I have to buy only products for dry scalp or there's even more dryness after using them. I just put 2 & 2 together about this. Be sure to check the product info before you buy it. Take care!😎

October 30, 2023
A MySebDermTeam Member

I to have lost my hair and it's not really coming back, I went and bought 2 wigs to help me. Mine was from a number of things as to why I lost it

November 16, 2023
A MySebDermTeam Member

Me too.

November 14, 2023
A MySebDermTeam Member

Hi again! I forgot to address your question! Yes, I think SD is connected to hair loss. Mine started falling out at menopause and hasn't stopped. So maybe it's hormonal too, but it was diagnosed years ago as SD. I've also lost a lot of my eyebrows. They don't respond to any medication. They just itch and disappear. Feel better!😎

October 30, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MySebDermTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Fredericksburg, VA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In